Photo of Josh LaBella

The Milford Fire Department rescued a dog while battling a blaze on Broad Street Sunday morning.

The Milford Hearth Section rescued a pet dog when battling a blaze on Wide Road Sunday morning.

Contributed photo / Milford Fireplace Department

MILFORD — Firefighters rescued a pet dog while battling a blaze Sunday early morning, according to officials.

In a submit on Facebook, the Milford Fire Section said dispatch gained a get in touch with about a hearth in a multi-spouse and children house on the 200 block of Broad Street just prior to 11 a.m.

“A very first floor occupant noted smelling smoke from the next flooring and termed 911,” the division explained. “Three minutes immediately after dispatch, fireplace division models arrived on the scene to discover a fireplace in the next floor apartment.”

The section said users of Medic 1 pressured entry into the condominium and positioned and eradicated a canine from the making. It claimed the hearth was immediately contained with crews working two hoses.

There were being no accidents, the office mentioned. The American Purple Cross is helping the people from the a few flats in the building with relocation. The hearth is under investigation by the Milford fireplace marshal’s office environment.

“The Milford Fireplace Office would like to stress the relevance of doing the job smoke / carbon monoxide detectors in all properties,” the section explained. “Also, don’t forget to improve your batteries with Daylight Cost savings Time.”